The Tampa Bay Section of the American Chemical Society (section # 406) was established in 1994. We promote public awareness of chemistry by being involved in outreach programs in our community and work with students to encourage an interest in the chemical science arena.
Our membership is encompasses the Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando, Manatee and Sarasota counties with 700+ members.
The American Chemical Society (ACS) is one of the largest professional organizations that represent the chemical industry. The ACS supports 160,000+ members globally, publishing its weekly C&EN magazine and up-to-date scientific journals.
Be sure to refer to our newsletter or write to us for more information on the following upcoming events.
1. The Tampa Bay Section looks forward to hosting the US National Chemistry Olympiad January-April 2019. Contact us if you or any of your students are interested in participating.
2. The Orlando Section is busily preparing for the upcoming National Meeting. They would like to highlight Florida chemistry by sharing vignettes of local professionals, companies and research.
See below for instructions on how to participate in this free promotional opportunity for you and your research.
send a short narrative that will be used for vignettes about the exciting work you do and to show conference attendees the outcomes chemistry delivers.
b) Local companies:
c) Retirees with a career in the area:
d) Leaders and researchers attending the meeting:
e) Local host booth: Let us know if you are interested in staffing the local host booth to answer questions on where to eat or shop in the area, or to find specific landmarks.
Deadlines: Respond in the survey link here promoting your work & volunteers ACS Conference 2019 Orlando to let us know by November 17 if you can help us with a vignette or would like discuss your work at our booth during the national meeting. We would appreciate receiving the information for a vignette by December 1.
Thank you for making Florida a great place to do chemistry.
1. The election for the 2019 Tampa Bay Executive Committee officers was held.
Thank you for voting in this election and congratulations to our new and returning officers. Your service to the Section and the Tampa Bay community is very much appreciated.
2. Congratulations to Tampa Bay's YCC Chair, Deja Patrick and her advisor, Dr. Susan Del Valle for being awarded $1,000 for the "ACS Corporation Associates Local Section Grant"!
3. Congratulations to Tampa Bay's Senior Chemists Chair, Russ Odland for being awarded the senior chemists grant for $300!
Way to go Section members!! Let's keep up the great work for the Tampa Bay region!!
4. “Do to unforeseen events, we are currently searching for a new Florida Challenge Organizer.” Contact email@example.com if you’re interested.